SunComm is Accepting Applications:
SunComm is currently accepting applications through the City of Yakima’s Human Resources Division. We have openings in both Dispatch and 9-1-1. If you’re interested in becoming a Police & Fire Dispatcher or a 9-1-1 Calltaker, please see the links to each of those applications below.
If you have any questions about the application process please feel free to reach out to Abigail Rhoads in Human Resources for the City of Yakima (509) 575-6090.
Click on the links below to see each job description, including minimum requirements, pay rates and benefits.
Need more information? Here’s a link to learn more about a career in Public Safety in Washington State.
If you want to speak to one of our team members directly, contact us through one of the various routes on our contact page.
Testing for SunComm
Need more information as to what you can expect in our testing process? The following steps will all need to be successfully completed in order to be considered for employment. If you do not pass one step you will not proceed on to the following ones.
- Submit an Application and pass initial screening. Do not forget to attach your typing test and explain in your application how you’ve met a year worth of experience in a fast paced environment
- Complete a personality assessment test
- Complete a CritiCall (simulated dispatching) test
- Complete an Oral Board test
- Pass a thorough background screening
- Meet with SunComm’s Management team for an interview
- Complete a Polygraph test
- Complete a Psychological exam